How Procore customers are using SignOnSite to deliver projects on time and on budget
Procore is a proven tool that contractors use to deliver projects better than ever before. With its project management, quality & safety, financial and field productivity features, construction companies and their stakeholders have become significantly more efficient and effective.
To get the most out of their investment, a growing set of Procore customers are also implementing SignOnSite.
There are 2 main reasons Procore customers also get SignOnSite:
- To enhance data and reporting in Procore; and consequently being able to make better decisions, faster;
- To increase safety on their sites;
#1 Data, Reports & Decisions
One of the major drawcards of using Procore is having quick access to accurate data and information of what is happening on site, from RFIs and photos to Observations and Drawings.
Because key stakeholders on site (such as Site Managers, Foremen and Subcontractor Supervisors) are inputting data into Procore, other stakeholders can unlock the value of being on site without leaving the office.
SignOnSite adds to this by bringing in the data from another key stakeholder: the workers and subcontractors’ workers on site.
A key measure for project progress in actual labour effort expended. The traditional solution for this need has been:
- eyeballing labour effort (which is quick, passive, but inaccurate);
- going through paper attendance records (which is slow, passive, but accurate);
SignOnSite connects to every worker, subcontractor and visitor on site via their mobiles and on-site kiosks, giving you a real-time view of site attendance and labour effort. Procore customers link their Procore and SignOnSite accounts, which automatically populates the man hour reporting the Procore Site Diary.
This unlocks a new reporting dimension, enabling contractors to manage projected, allocated and actual man hours. Enabled with an automatic, paperless, self-updating daily view of project progress, contractors are able to make quick, informed decisions on labour allocation.
SignOnSite works by capturing site attendance in real time, on an individual basis, for workers, subcontractors and visitors. This is done through mobile app and on-site iPad kiosks. When an attendee enters a geo-fenced site, they are signed on via the platform. Then on exit, they are signed off. This gives contractors a real time and historic view of who is on site.
On their transformation to digitally-enabled operation, Procore users have noted that their paper safety processes aren’t keeping up with their internal pace of innovation. Essential safety processes such as Inductions are taking up valuable time (over an hour), the records are still on paper, and compliance is still a challenge.
SignOnSite digitally augments current safety processes, making them quicker and easier:
- Easy site sign-on/sign-off (with a real-time and historic view for supervisors/managers);
- Workers do their induction on the SignOnSite app on their mobile phones or on-site kiosks (which supervisors/managers can view on manage in the portal) – we’ve cut induction times from an hour to under 5 minutes;
- They get their briefings as soon as they sign-on, which they can acknowledge for compliance;
- Attendees are alerted to emergency evacuations, and the attendance feature can be used at the mustering point (cutting evacuation times from over an hour to less than 5 minutes);
Not only do these features make operations more efficient, but they also serve as a valuable tool to increase engagement with safety on site.
More information about SignOnSite is available in our Information Pack. Fill in the form below to get one instantly e-mailed to you.